Monday, June 15, 2009

Trail Report, June 14, 2009

18 horses, 7 mountain bikers, a family of hikers, 2 turkeys, 1 ruffed grouse, a chipmunk and a tick or two -- not bad for a sunny day in the woods. The horse people were very nice folks on gorgeous animals - I was impressed. The horses were all very well behaved as they passed me -- maybe it's cause I WASN'T in neon? Might make a difference. :) Of course about 15 minutes later I wasn't as happy when I rolled over some leave-behinds of the horses. Nice. My bike needed a good scrubbing anyway. Don't worry, the horses weren't on single track - it was Rim trail. They tend to stick to the roads or snowmobile trail. The trails are still in awesome shape. There are a couple face slappers here and there, but nothing we can't live with. It's also getting easier to get over some of the logs we talked about removing -- maybe we'll let them stay. Have Fun!

No comments: